Please note that this tool is shared by multiple customers and the links are very sensitive to your specific customer data.
When navigating to your data, always follow the path:
- Gather and document customer requirements.
- Generate a reliable list of modifications made.
- Create an archive of meeting notes.
- Create an archive of the decisions made with reasoning that can be used during a version upgrade or for troubleshooting. (aka "Implementation Methodology)
- Provide a central location for "how to" documentation of customizations created for a customer.
- Not intended to document incremental changes to installed applications in customer modification library.
- Ex: If a customer asks for a column to be added to a list view, that change should solely be managed within the SSI Odoo instance and GitHub. It is not required or expected to be documented here.
- GitHub will be the central authoritative source for changes.
- Not intended to represent completion of a task or be a task tracking tool.
- This wiki is primarily for documentation, reference, and requirements sharing. It does not replace the SSI Odoo instance which is where tickets should be submitted and task status tracking will be managed.
- Always use lowercase when creating links.
The URL's are case senstivie!
- Always use uppercase when naming pages.
- Ex: 'Implementation Methodology'
- Be sure to provide links where applicable.
- You can save anytime by using CTRL + S
- Tasks are always managed by the SSI Odoo instance found at ssibtr.com.
- Tasks may be created as a result of meetings or designs found in the wiki and relative links should be created to tie the two together.
- Task Stage Documentation
Task completion is not expected to be documented in the wiki. Always refer to the Odoo task for status updates.
- Tickets are always managed by the SSI Odoo instance found at ssibtr.com.
- Tickets should be used by all customers to report errors AND request the addition of tasks.
- Tickets that are deemed by our staff to require a task will be created and customers should be notified as such.
- Ticket Stage Documentation
What is the difference between a ticket and task?
Tickets are used internally and have a suggested resolution in under two days. Tasks are longer term initatives that may require further definition and / or custom development that cannot be completed immediately.
- Used to document notes with clients and create a record of key drivers for success.
- A set of plans organized by the relevant Odoo applications being implemented.
- These could be notes about how Odoo will be configured, key settings to be avoided, and any other data that we require to properly support a customer.
- User Guides created for customers related to use of their customizations.
- In most cases, Odoo standard documentation will not show how to use these tools so it is important for us to create this.
- Changes to scope may be documented here.
- Through customer meetings, and in the course of developing Implementation Methodology requirements should be listed here as a reference moving forward.
- Requirements should be reviewed and approved by clients before design plans are made for customizations.
- Throughout the course of planning and preparing we wil document a list of go-live notes. These will be reviewed and adhered to upon go-live.